I just wanted to introduce myself here. I’m Romain François, mostly involved in
making tools for R. My track record includes being an author of Rcpp and dplyr.

I will be working with Wes’s guidance on making an R front end for arrow.
Initially that means going through the C++ api and perhaps see how things have
been implemented in the python front end. For the foreseeable future, I’ll be
spending Tuesdays on this. Some words from last week.

Are there any resources that could be relevant, e.g. some document about how
another front end was made ?
Are there other R people here ?