hi Romain,

welcome! I'm excited to see some progress on an Arrow library for R.
Feel free to make pull requests into a new "R/" top-level directory;
the work does not need to be polished

My vote would be to simply call the R library "arrow" since the real
estate seems to exist. The main reason it's "pyarrow" in Python is
that "arrow" was already taken (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/arrow).
Others may have opinions

- Wes