Over the weekend I added preliminary Parquet support to DataFusion (it only
supports int/float primitives and UTF8 so far). This was possible due to
the great work happening with the parquet-rs crate.

Integrating this with the current Rust version of Arrow was simple and I
have now started running benchmarks (and we now have some benchmark code
checked into the Arrow project).

Now that the basic functionality is stable enough to support this use case
I am going to focus on quality this week and start improving unit tests and
adding documentation.

I think we might be at the point where it makes sense to start discussing a
first official release and maybe a roadmap for the Rust library?

My next area of interest personally is the IPC mechanism and interop
testing with other languages, especially Java.

Thanks,

Andy.