Hi Wes,

> I'm not sure what's the best way to address this problem. The quality
> of our code review has declined at times as we struggle to keep up
> with the flow of patches -- I don't think this is good. Having the
> patch queue pile up isn't great either.

I'd like to do more reviews but due to the breadth of topics and
technologies in our code base I don't feel competent for many of the PRs
that are being posted.

For example, on a Rust PR I may do a brief review of concepts, APIs or
general cleanliness, but not much more.

> Personally, I'm having a
> difficult time balancing project maintenance and patch authoring,
> particularly in the last 6 months.

I think it's ok to spend most of your time on reviewing and project
maintenance.

> Any thoughts about how we can grow the maintainership? Somehow we need
> to reach ~5-6 core maintainers over the next year.

Or more of them, if we want all topics to be covered by at least 1-2
maintainers.

Regards

Antoine.