Hello Sebastian,

there is not ETA on delta encoding as no one is actively working on it. There
is some basic code implementing the relevant encoders in [1]. This code is not
used at all at the moment as it does not fulfill the necessary APIs. The
relevant JIRA tickets are [2], [3], and [4]. There you can ask questions (but
can also use the ML for that) or discuss the implementation. The existing code
needs to be ported to fulfill the interface as defined in [5]. Also note that
we have moved the parquet-cpp code into the arrow repository so all changes
will go there.

Uwe

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/parquet-cpp/blob/d15d2687e9f154e69e956e2a56c8d1fd6c3b7ac8/benchmarks/decode_benchmark.cc