From: Wes McKinney [mailto:wesmck...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:48 PM
To: dev
Cc: Anthony Abate; Jason De Biasio
Subject: Re: Issues with installation on docker / R

Can you also pass -DARROW_VERBOSE_THIRDPARTY_BUILD=ON ? That will show
us what's wrong with with the Thrift build in this environment (I
tried locally on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine -- without the influence of
conda or any other library toolchains -- and it works fine). You can
upload the whole logs on https://gist.github.com/ if you want