Yes, that was roughly what I was requesting (I was suggesting a single PR
with many commits that would be merged with the history).

It's hard to provide a more concrete opinion on this without seeing the
quantity and complexity of the code. If it's 5,000 lines of code, it
probably doesn't matter. If it's 500,000, it's probably pretty important.
If 10 active Arrow/Datafusion committers are already substantial
contributors to the code also makes a difference versus only a fairly
disjunct collection of people who are relatively inactive Arrow community
members.

Don't take this as lack of excitement! The potential for contribution is
awesome and exciting!

Part of making the contribution successful is making it as approachable as
possible to the rest of the community. I just want to find every way
possible that we can do that.

Looking forward to seeing the code.