@Ian & @Chris: Can you provide some helpful hints in the direction of parsing returned ADM? (Since you are kind of addressing that as we speak for other reasons?)

@Kaveen: Off to a cool start! In terms of the sorts of things that can come back, *conceptually*, the return clause of a query can yield a scalar value, an ordered list, an unordered list, or a record. (The various possible scalar values are all of the data types listed in the ADM data model spec.) A for-clause actually always returns a list of whatever the return clause says to return - and a let-clause (I believe) or a standalone expression can return a singleton object (of any of the aforementioned forms) if I'm not mistaken. For testing the Web UI, it would probably be worth coming up with a set of test queries that returns each of those things. (Mixed of them are also possible - life in semistructured data land can be messy.)

Cheers,

Mike