+2  :-)

On 9/16/16 2:06 PM, Yingyi Bu wrote:
Cool, +1!

Best,
Yingyi

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com> wrote:

So, in summary, we agree to use a function format for the full-text search,
rather than using XQuery syntax. "contains" doesn't have to be
"string-contains" and "text" doesn't have to be a reserved word.

The possible syntax would be:

*ftcontains*(expression1, expression2, parameter record expression)
*matches*(expression1, expression2, parameter record expression)

Expression1 is the field that we conduct a full-text search.
Expression2 contains the number of keywords that will be searched on
Expression1.
Parameter Record Expression contains the parameters in a record format.

An example could be: ftcontains($o.title, ["hello","hi"], {"mode":"all"})
which checks whether $o.title contains both "hello" and "hi".

Chen mentioned that how to pass parameter needs a separate discussion.
However, for now, parameters in a  record is a viable solution unless we
want to separate each parameter as a parameter to the function itself. It
would be harder to remember the position of each parameter.

Best,
Taewoo

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Heri Ramampiaro <heri...@gmail.com>