>> I want to pick up this thread to verify if the AQL will still be
supported in the future?

AQL will still stay there.

However, "supported" might not be a 100% accurate term for an ASF open
source software.
Regardless of AQL or SQL++, if a user finds a bug or needs an improvement
in any place of the system, s/he can open an issue.
Then, if some committer/contributor is interested in fixing the bug, then
s/he submits a patch.
The process is volunteer or up to committers' interests.  At least, that's
my understanding of how ASF software works.
This is very different from a paid enterprise software -- a reported bug or
a wanted feature from customers must be responded (and/or fixed):-)

Thoughts?

>> It will be a hard work to switch to SQL++.
Why translating to SQL++ is harder than AQL?  I wonder if the current SQL++
language design and implementation misses some key pieces.

Best,
Yingyi