Hi Aurora devs,

Are you guys still using the Python bindings, and if so, is there any effort underway to switch to the HTTP APIs?

Thanks!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Deprecating the Python bindings
Date: 05/09/2018 11:51 am
From: Andrew Schwartzmeyer <and...@schwartzmeyer.com>
To: d...@mesos.apache.org, u...@mesos.apache.org

Hi all,

There are two parallel efforts underway that would both benefit from officially deprecating (and then removing) the Python bindings. The first effort is the move to the CMake system: adding support to generate the Python bindings was investigated but paused (see MESOS-8118), and the second effort is the move to Python 3: producing Python 3 compatible bindings is under investigation but not in progress (see MESOS-7163).

Benjamin Bannier, Joseph Wu, and I have all at some point just wondered how the community would fare if the Python bindings were officially deprecated and removed. So please, if this would negatively impact you or your project, let me know in this thread.

Thanks,

Andrew Schwartzmeyer