Bringing this back up: I think avro and avro-python3 are mostly compatible,
so we really just need to invent a way to make people switch automatically.
We could almost have py3 install avro as a dependency. The thing is, both
packages are under the root namespace `avro`, so you can't trivially have
them both installed. Maybe we can publish both packages from the same
codebase, but have the py3 one give a deprecation warning.

WDYT?