I cut PR/3620 to fix BEAM-2662 in master and cut PR/3621 to fix BEAM-2662
within the release-2.1.0 branch if it is deemed release blocking worthy.

Also, if we do decide to cut another release candidate. I would like to
include the fix for BEAM-2642 since this is an annoying bug that Google
Cloud customers have been hitting. Its not release blocking but is a very
nice to have and have cut PR/3622 to merge it into the release 2.1.0 branch.