Hmm, no.

Incremental build is never correctly implemented cause there is just no way
to detect some dependencies statically with java code - or any dynamic
language.

Side note: same applies for gradle daemon usage BTW.

After if the list is not maintained it is a bug at the same level than
coding a toString() with "null.toString()". This is not very hard to handle
the list of modules and worse case a mvnextension can make it coded if you
feel more comfortable with this kind of solution.