Up?

What about this proposal:

1. majors (X.y.z) are supported for 3 years
2. minors (x.Y.z) are supported for 6 months (1 year? does it sound doable?)

Just to ensure it is clear: implication is if we have 3.0.0 today then we
can have to do a 3.x.y ini 3 years even if we are at beam 10.
This is the (core dev)  drawback but the advantage for the communities and
companies using beam is that they know they can rely on it and plan
migrations as needed to never be on a no more maintained version.

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau