I noticed it too while adding KafkaIO support for Nexmark (this was in
parallel to another PR for KafkaIO that got merged recently).
The anonymous inner class for DoFn is not serializable. I moved it  to a
static class in my branch, but didn't test it yet :
https://github.com/rangadi/beam/commit/b49a9eda9f6170ec0979f54438223ab8d2cd466f#diff-c9c486a395311f6f9ee8b9be0a92d907R756
.

One issue with Nexmark benchmarks with sources like Pubsub and KafkaIO is
how the tests are terminated...
Raghu.