Hi guys,

Currently Beam uses jackson, I opened BEAM-3992 to move to JSON-B since
beam has no choice
on the dependencies it uses by nature (it is embedded in an environment
with its own stack) and I'd like to see the current workaround to shade the
world to stop because it leads to way too big deliveries for what it does
and it slows down builds for no end users gain.

The move is straight forward for all clean code and shouldn't be a big deal
for beam.

I'm happy if somebody wants to take the lead on that and I'd be happy to
support anyone new to JSON-B if needed.

To be concrete (or give some rational), I already have some environment
where jackson will be dropped in favor of existing alternative
implementations and it enables to "submit" (run) a pipeline with one
implementation and execute it in a cluster with another without having to
duplicate and mess up the libs in both. This is critical to let ops handle
vulnerabilities properly and without impacting the whole company ecosystem
in a lot of cases.

Romain Manni-Bucau