+1 for the idea of reducing load on committers by involving contributors to
perform detailed reviews. I think this has been the case in practice at
least in some cases. I agree with Thomas Weise that proper long term
solution will be growing the committer base by helping existing regular
contributors to become committers.

+0 for Andrew's idea on allowing PRs where both author and contributor are
non-committers. I think this should be only done in (rare) cases where we
don't have a committer whose an expert in the component being modified.

Thanks,
Cham