I agree that we should delete the pom.xml files soon, as they create a
burden for maintainers.

I'd like to be able to extend the grace period by a bit, to allow the
internal build systems at Google to move away from using the Beam poms.

We use these pom files to build Dataflow workers, and thus it's critical
for us that they are available for a few more weeks while we set up a
gradle build. Perhaps 4 weeks?
(Calling out+Chamikara Jayalath <chamik...@google.com> who has recently
worked on internal Dataflow tooling.)

Best