I had a chance to look closely. Bringing some details to this thread.

We have the following Apache 2.0 licensed files in our source release zip:

    beam-release-2.5.0/gradle.properties
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradle/
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradle/wrapper/
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradlew
    beam-release-2.5.0/gradlew.bat

LEGAL-288 is unresolved, but looks like the mostly likely result is that we
must remove gradle-wrapper.jar. This matches ASF policy about putting any
binary artifact in the source zip. Apache Fineract is one place we could
look for an example of doing exactly this.

In the past, we have manually tweaked the zip to remove extraneous files
without rolling a new RC & vote. Can do that here, since the release has
been thoroughly vetted?

Kenn