Ideally one (or all) of you can become committers [1], which I think
should be the goal. While for the time being this would involve the
overhead of getting existing committers to sign off on PRs (which can
be reviewed by others as well), this can actually be beneficial as it
will be a forcing function for others to get to know the code better
and, perhaps more importantly, make it possible to establish a history
of the kind of support and community participation that leads to an
easy case for committership.

While we all have our areas of interest, expertise, and ownership,
it's good to not have any part of the project be in its own silo. Of
course merging communities generally takes more time than merging
code, but is worth striving for. Welcome to Apache Beam!

[1] https://beam.apache.org/contribute/become-a-committer/