Yes. That is an issue that many people are running into.

Intellij's editor does not use the build output from Gradle when providing
code completion/editing support and uses a simple mechanism that indexes
Java source files that is incompatible with our current shading strategy.
Also, Intellij can't index java files for generated sources until those
generated sources exist.