I notice in the vendored Guava jar there is:

META-INF/maven/com.google.guava/guava/pom.xml
META-INF/maven/com.google.guava/guava/pom.properties

Are these expected? If not, are they benign? I haven't found any
documentation for what these contents actually mean or do.

There are many more in the gRPC META-INF/maven folder, but I don't have
familiarity with what is expected for that one.

Kenn