The traditional thing to do is something like [SQL] or [Portability] in the
subject. Cannot be added after the email has been sent, but your email
client can probably do that part, right? If another user changes the
subject line to add more tags in their reply, I think things like gmail
will actually keep the thread intact and it will show up in searches too.
Lots of lightweight options that don't require us to invent anything.

Kenn