On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 5:28 PM Ankur Goenka <goe...@google.com> wrote:

> - Could we start from snapshots first and then do it for releases?
> +1, releasing snapsots first makes sense to me.
> - For snapshots, do we need to clean old containers after a while?
> Otherwise I guess we will accumulate lots of containers.
> For snap shots we can maintain a single snapshot image from git HEAD
> daily. Docker has the internal image container id which changes everytime
> an image is changed and pulls new images as needed.

There is a potential use this may not work with. If a user picks up a
snaphsot build and want to use it until the next release arrives. I guess
in that case the user can copy the snapshotted container image and rely on
that.

> - Do we also need additional code changes for snapshots and releases to
> default to these specific containers? There could be a version based
> mechanism to resolve the correct container to use.
> The current image defaults have username in it. We should be ok by just
> updating the default image url to published image url.
>
> We should also check for pricing and details about Apache-Bintray
> agreement before pushing images and changing defaults.

There is information on bintray's pricing page about open source projects
[1]. I do not know if there is a special apache-bintray agreement or not.
If there is no special agreement there is a 10GB storage limit for using
bintray.

[1] https://bintray.com/account/pricing?tab=account&type=pricing