I believe that there are too many scenarios that we have to cover if we are
to design a generic approach. Common pattern I've seen most times is when
assignee on the ticket, who's usually author of relevant PR, is expected to
either resolve ticket or pass it to the feature owner for verification.

We can have a bot that will check stale assigned tickets and poke
assignees. Can go further and allow bot to unassign tickets if no response
comes and remove "triaged" label. This will always highlight all
non-updated tickets and keep forgotten tickets in available pool. Giving a
hint to pass ownership of ticket to committer (or person who merged PR) can
be a simple answer for contributors who are not sure whether ticket can be
closed.

--Mikhail

Have feedback <http://go/migryz-feedback>?