Hi all,
I'm working to make the CI experience with python a bit better, and my
current initiative is splitting up the giant Python PreCommit job into 5
separate jobs into separate jobs for Lint, Py2, Py3.5, Py3.6, and Py3.7.

Around 11am Pacific time tomorrow I'm going to initiate the seed jobs, at
which point all PRs will start to run the new precommit jobs.  It's a bit
of a chicken-and-egg scenario with testing this, so there could be issues
that pop up after the seed jobs are created, but I'll be working to resolve
those issues as quickly as possible.

If you run into problems because of this change, please let me know on the
github PR.

Here's the PR: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9642
Here's the Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-8213#

The upshot is that after this is done you'll get better feedback on python
test failures!

Let me know if you have any concerns.

thanks,
chad