Interesting topic :) I kind of liked also Alex's firefly. The impression it
made on me. To drive it further, hands on hips make strong / serious pose,
hovering in the air above all.
I would put logo on the him, to become is torso / body or a dress. Logo
with a big B on it almost looks like superhero dress / cap ( which is
popular tune these "days" :) ).

To summarize, I would love mascot not only looks nice, but be deadly
serious about doing cool stuff and pulling superhero features out of it's
sleeve :D