We have been discussing about updating the vendored dependency in BEAM-11227
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11227>, if I remember correctly
the newer version of gRPC does not require the jboss dependency, so
probably is the best upgrade path, can you confirm Tomo Suzuki
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=suztomo> ?