As per [1], the JDK8 and JDK11 containers that Apache Beam uses have
stopped being built and supported since July 2022. I have filed [2] to
track the resolution of this issue.

Based upon [1], almost everyone is swapping to the eclipse-temurin
container[3] as their base based upon the linked issues from the
deprecation notice[1]. The eclipse-temurin container is released under
these licenses:
Apache License, Version 2.0
Eclipse Distribution License 1.0 (BSD)
Eclipse Public License 2.0
一 (Secondary) GNU General Public License, version 2 with OpenJDK Assembly
Exception
一 (Secondary) GNU General Public License, version 2 with the GNU Classpath
Exception

I propose that we swap all our containers to the eclipse-temurin
containers[3].

Open to other ideas and also would be great to hear about your experience
in any other projects that you have had to make a similar decision.

1: https://github.com/docker-library/openjdk/issues/505
2: https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/25371
3: https://hub.docker.com/_/eclipse-temurin