This sounds reasonable to me as well.

I've made swaps like this in the past, the base image of each is probably a
bigger factor than the JDK. The openjdk images were based on Debian 11. The
default eclipse-temurin images are based on Ubuntu 22.04 with an alpine
option. Ubuntu is a Debian derivative but the versions and package names
aren't exact matches and Ubuntu tends to update a little faster. For most
users I don't think this will matter but users building custom containers
may need to make minor changes. The alpine option will be much smaller
(which could be a significant improvement) but would be a more significant
change to the environment.