Great writing Jesse!

>From my experience in the last year, working on a stream processing (and
generally data processing) platform at PayPal, Beam could also offer a
great approach for large projects - up until now (and in my case as well),
the process was:

   1. Research and paper analysis of existing frameworks.
   2. Understand your needs.
   3. Choose (and commit to) a specific technology - example: Spark.
   4. Get to work..

I believe Beam could change this into something better, such as:

   1. Understand your needs, and start working on them.
   2. Combine your research with actually running (your) same code on
   different frameworks - probably better then "WordCount" benchmarks.
   3. Choose the best framework for you, or choose more than one if the
   benefit is worth the overhead.
   4. While working on 2 & 3, you keep going forward with your project!

I talked about Beam in Barclays-Techstars Accelerator in Israel last month
because I totally agree that it's a great starting point for startups, but
I think this is an example why not just startups :)

Thanks,
Amit