Btw. I finished the documentation now and created a PR:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site/pull/44

While testing the documentation I also found this issue:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam-site/pull/45

Christian

On 14.10.2016 10:17, Christian Schneider wrote:
Hello all,

I am new to the beam community and currently start making myself familiar with the code. I quickly found the contribution guide and was able to clone the code and build beam using maven.

The first obstacle I faced was getting the code build in eclipse. I naively imported as existing maven projects but got lots of compile errors. After talking to Dan Kulp we found that this is due to the apt annotation processing for auto value types. Dan explained me how I need to setup eclipse to make it work.

I still got 5 compile errors (Some bound mismatch at Read.bounded, and one ambiguous method empty). These errors seem to be present for everyone using eclipse and Dan works on it. So I think this is not a permanent problem.

To make it easier for new people I would like to write a documentation about the IDE setup. I can cover the eclipse part but I think intellij should also be described.

I already started with it and placed it in /contribute/ide-setup. Does that make sense?

I currently did not link to it from anywhere. I think it should be linked in the contribute/index and in the Contribute menu.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de