> On Oct 14, 2016, at 10:06 AM, Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com> wrote:
>
> Last week I imported Beam with IntelliJ and everything worked.
>
> That said, I tried to import the Eclipse project and that doesn't compile
> anymore. I didn't have time to figure out what happened though.

I have a pull request https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/pull/1094 that
fixes the compile issues.  It has two LGTM’s, just needs someone to merge it.

With eclipse, you need to have all the needed m2e connectors.   Some of them
(find bugs, check style) can be auto-detected and installed when beam is first
imported.   The apt one doesn’t.   You need to go to the eclipse marketplace,
install it, then configure it in the Eclipse properties to turn on the
“experimental” m2e-apt processing.   Once you do that, a refresh of the maven
projects should result in it building/compiling.

Running tests is another matter.   Since eclipse compiles everything in a
module in one pass (instead of two like maven), one of the apt processors
doesn’t know where to output files and always dumps the files in /classes
instead of /test-classes.   Thus, any test that relies on a runner will likely
fail as it results in the “test” versions of various services from core being
picked up.  A simple:

rm sdks/java/core/target/classes/META-INF/services/*

From the command line will fix that.   That should also be documented on the
IDE page until someone can figure out how to work around it.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog