I have been thinking about the options needed for the Insert/ Edit Citation
panel.

Yet another history complexity.

This one is from my thesis. Whilst the thesis citation style is Chicago
footnotes, the thesis is principally an examination of two texts and I
followed the convention of listing the Abbreviations at the start of the
document , ie.
-------------
Táin LL          Táin Bó Cúalnge from the Book of Leinster. Translated and
edited by
Cecile O’Rahilly. Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1970.

Táin I  Táin Bó Cúalnge Recension 1. Translated and edited by Cecile O’Rahilly.
Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1976.
-------------
And then using intext citations to these two main texts ie.

---------------
After Fergus had left, Etarcumul taunted Cú Chulainn:

I think you are fine indeed. You are a comely, splendid, handsome youth with
brilliant, numerous, various feats of arms. But as for reckoning you among
goodly heroes or warriors or champions or sledge-hammers of smiting, we do
not do so nor count you at all. (Táin LL 183)
--------------
All other citations are footnote citation. This practise is is followed
because otherwise the text would have a couple of hundred very short
footnotes of the type - "Táin LL 183"

So the the upshot of this - Maybe we do need a intext/ footnote selector on
the  Insert/ Edit Citation panel, even though the document style will select
which is the default position.  The option may be grayed out if the document
style really prohibits such mixing. As far as I can tell neither Endnote or
Ibidem has this ability.

BTW the 'Táin LL' and the 'Táin 1' strings could be selected in the Ibidem
panel using Short title (or a custom short title)  and the Exclude Author
name option.

Maybe we are a position were we could come up with a (almost) definitive list
of the option the Insert / Edit Citation panel needs to support ?