On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, at 2:09 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Gary Martin <gary.mar...@physics.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am going to start building out a basic core implementation to play
> > around with some of the ideas we have discussed. I'll try not to take
> > things too far before getting this into source control.
>

> I would recommend using an svn branch, and committing "hourly". Why not?
> You won't be affecting trunk, and you'll get early feedback.

That is true. I can obviously avoid the need to discover how to create the git
repo by just using a branch for the experiment of course.

> > On that last item, I believe I have the ability to create a git repo for
> > the project at the asf. I would expect the project to also be available via
> > github.
> >

> Infra would like to see some community consensus, if you plan to switch
> from svn to git. (ie. discuss it first)

You may well be right that there has not been enough discussion on this
although it has been mentioned a number of times. I will make it a firm
proposal again before taking that suggestion any further.

Cheers,
    Gary