Hi all,

In BP-28, I was showing how a new metadata store can be organized and
implemented using Etcd at some extend. However there was a bit unclear on
reflection works with pluggable metadata stores.

As discussed with JV, I am starting this proposal on discussing how we can
organize the metadata api and implementation in the way like stats
provider, define a clean contract between bookkeeper implementation and the
metadata api and allow support different metadata store plugins.

It is probably making easier for people to understand BP-28 after we agree
on BP-29.

Here is the proposal:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1117
https://github.com/sijie/bookkeeper/blob/c9b47373754f78cadb325ffd4b7a6b962940a12e/site/bps/BP-29-metadata-store-api-module.md

Here is a branch on showing how the modules are organized:
https://github.com/sijie/bookkeeper/tree/metadata-store-api-module/metadata-stores

Comments are welcome.

- Sijie