Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/281

    @aledage I think child-inheritance is separate to the other two.  And
"parent-inheritance" is badly named (since parent-child exists also in type
definition hierarchy); it should be something like
"runtime-management-inheritance".

    You're correct about the distinction `NOT_REINHERITED` vs
`NEVER_INHERITED`.  But I think this distinction applies either for type
definition and runtime management resolution (call these "inheritance contexts"
?).

    The `SoftwareProcess` commands should have the default type-definition
inheritance (`OVERWRITE`) so extended types can selectively change their
parent's values.  But runtime management should be special `NOT_REINHERITED` to
avoid managers polluting their children *if* the managers use those keys.

    Ah yes it is complicated ... but if we get the thinking right here the good
thing is that most users will just get the right behaviour (TM).

---
with INFRA.
---