Svet,

There's a discussion going on elsewhere in ASF[1] about The JSON License[2]
- it was previously acceptable to ASF and was on the Category A list[3].
However, it's been realised that the decision to place it in Category A was
incorrect, and it has now been moved to Category X. This means that
software covered by The JSON License must not be a transitive dependency of
Apache software releases.

I believe that the software this affects is the "json.org" or "org.json"
Java JSON library. I don't think that we use this, but it's possible that
it's a transitive dependency.

If this comes up in your LICENSE rework then we'll need to take some action
on it - we have a grace period so it doesn't necessarily have to be
replaced this release, although we would need to update NOTICE. However
there exist drop-in compatible replacements so it may be easier to just
deal with it now.

If you'd like me to link you to more of the discussion then I can do that.

Richard.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bb18f942ce7eb83c11438303c818b885810fb76385979490366720d5@%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E
[2]http://www.json.org/license.html