Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/718

    in `SpecConverter`, if the catalog item ID is set i think that implies the
java type so we _could_ skip writing and _should_ ignore it (just use the
catalog item ID) when reading.  that would solve the problem identified here.

    a different solution would be to make sure the CLC for `foo-wrapped`
includes bundles declared in ancestor types.  that's probably (?) wanted in any
case, so feels like we should do both of these.

    those are quicker, necessary, and independent fixes instead of the
suggestion in the previous post about the wider osgi serialization approach.
(that approach should also look at comments in `ClassRenamingMapper` about
unifying it with `OsgiClassnameMapper`; and a related improvement is for the
search path to refer to bundles.)

---
with INFRA.
---