To be complete, this came from my experience around Kotlin.

Here is the project I have created working with Kotlin, ,making a Spring boot
executable jar.
https://github.com/atoulme/cuteuuidgenerator/blob/master/Buildfile
<https://github.com/atoulme/cuteuuidgenerator/blob/master/Buildfile>

Note the project also comes with a gradle build file so you can compare!