Thanks for the pointers, Josh :)

I'll post back to the list when a release has been tagged.

On 11/07/2017 11:38 AM, Josh Elser wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017 20:18, "F21" <f21.gro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Josh,

Thanks for clearing things up. In Go, it is not idiomatic for a database
driver to reach out to environment variables. I think I will add an
additional parameter called `krb5Conf` for users to point the driver to the
location of `krb5.conf`. In the event that it is not provided, I plan to
search common locations listed here: https://www.ibm.com/support/kn
owledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/ae/rs
ec_SPNEGO_config_krb5.html and https://docs.oracle.com/javase
/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/jgss/tutorials/KerberosReq.html

Sounds reasonable to me!

Regarding the use-case where the user performs authentication and passes
the ticket to Avatica, what does the driver configuration look like? In
particular, if I were using the Java driver, is it correct to assume that
I'd set `authentication` to `SPNEGO` and leave `keytab` and `principal` as
blank? In that case, I am assuming the Java Kerberos library would find the
cached ticket and set up the appropriate HTTP requests.

Exactly right. The user does nothing special, and then the underlying Java
security code provides it when the HTTP client library asks for the ticket.

Cheers,
Francis