I'd like to suggest developing a convenient way to compose WHERE constraints on
base queries, via the JSON api.

Having a convenient way to inject rigorous application tenancy constraints
would be huge boon for SaaS style applications.

Calcite, with its JSON driver, could effectively enable any application to
safely expose SQL-based queries, and remove the need for limited-capability
domain specific languages.

Calcite can already restrict queries to whitelisted operators, and the
optimiser can deftly handle a bag of tenancy-related constraints.

It would be possible to extend further by clamping query COST, etc.

E.g. this capability has been productised by stripe,
https://stripe.com/us/sigma.

Cheers,
Mark.