I support this as long as (1) the site content remains in a separate repo from
the source code, and (2) the documentation gets updated.

(1) is important because the generated site is large and changes frequently,
and I don’t want to bloat the size of our source code repo (which gets copied
into every contributor’s machine). And also because, as a software engineer,
committing generated code to a source code repo makes me profoundly
uncomfortable.

I trust that the basic process of updating the site in the source repo
(committing to the “site” branch, and cherry-picking to/from the “master”
branch as appropriate) will not be affected by this change.

Julian