>adding an option

I'm ok with adding an option provided:
1) It is "remove column names" by default
2) It is supported on a best effort basis. In other words, it is NOT to be
used in production systems on a day-to-day basis
3) We do not add an extensive test suite for that property (see #1, #2)
4) We do not mean the option to be a "public API". In other words, it is
there, it pretends to be working, however, it should not impact the
development (== we can drop it if the maintenance takes significant effort)

That is I agree the property might be helpful to compare behaviors, however
having too many options (e.g. an option for every bugfix) might complicate
the code with doubtful gains.

Vladimir