I have the same feeling with Stamatis.

I completely understand that Vladimir is trying to keep it working correctly.
However, I know some downstream project already updated Calcite version and
changed their code to adapt to the Sarg/SEARCH operator. Reverting it and in
case we failed to fix the regressions you mentioned, if we release the new
version without getting it back, there will be another major breaking change
again. If that is the case, I would rather push for the fixes instead of revert
before we can release next version.

Thanks,
Haisheng Yuan