hi, community

Currently I have encountered a case where when I run a certain query in csv
sqlline, it runs correctly, but it fails in the IDE. The location of
failure is a certain assertion. The reason is that running tests in the IDE
will turn on -ea to activate assert by default, but sqlline will not be
turned on by default[1]. Therefore, some code behaviors are inconsistent on
both sides.

Frankly I know that asserts are useful in the testing and development
process and are typically omitted for production code.

Therefore, I only recommend opening '-ea' for sqlline by default under
example/csv, so that inconsistent behavior will not occur during the dev
process and when executing tests on the IDE.

what do you think?

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/main/example/csv/sqlline#L43

Best Regards,
Ran Tao