I get how frustrating it must be for bugs to happen in tests but not from
sqlline.

Regarding example/csv/sqlline. I had forgotten that we have two copies of
sqlline (and sqlline.bat). They arrived when we imported a different project,
optiq-csv. Do the extra copies serve any useful purpose? If not, rather than
make example/csv/sqlline diverge even further from sqlline, can we just delete
it?

As a developer, would it be OK to invoke sqlline with the command-line
‘./sqlline -ea’ or ‘./sqlline --jvmArgs=-ea'? Those options don’t currently
work, but it wouldn’t be difficult to make them work.

Julian

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/686c0ddd615fcd17211175952873a949d9249f43