I like the [MINOR] prefix because it makes it easy to identify simple
commits (via grep or ctrl+f), the same way [CALCITE-1234] makes it easy to
find commits related to [CALCITE-1234]. I also like that it maintains the
"[...]" styling at the beginning of the commit message.

Neither of these reasons is strong enough for me to say I oppose, just some
minor (heh) counter-arguments.

-Tanner