Great work! Thanks, Mihai.

I will have Avatica 1.25.0 rc0 available for voting soon.

On 2/04/2024 4:04 am, Mihai Budiu wrote:
I have merged 6282 and 6248 in Avatica.

Mihai
________________________________
From: Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2024 4:09 AM
To: dev@calcite.apache.org <dev@calcite.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Pull Request Reviews for Avatica

Going through the open PRs again (thanks to community members who
reviewed and merged!), I think these are definitely candidates that can
be merged for the 1.25.0 release:
- CALCITE-6282 - Avatica ignores time precision when returning TIME
results [1]
- CALCITE-6248 - Illegal dates are accepted by casts [2]
- CALCITE-6137 - Upgrade Gradle from 8.1.1 to 8.5, support jdk21 [3]

This one also has some potential as I think there is consensus that's
it's almost ready (with some minor changes):
- CALCITE-5964 - Add test case checking that
connection.getMetaData().getTables() handles responses with different
signature shapes. [4]

These are probably a stretch as there hasn't been consensus yet, but
would be nice to have:
- CALCITE-6135 - BEARER authentication support [5]
- CALCITE-5534 - Add userAgent JDBC param [6]

These 3 are linked together and will probably need a significant amount
of work:
- CALCITE-5535 - Properly truncate time values [7]
- CALCITE-5446 - Add support for TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE [8]
- CALCITE-5487 - Proper semantics for TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE [9]

Community members, please take a look at the PRs listed and review and
merge if they are ready.

Francis

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/241
[2] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/238